Friday, September 26, 2008

shivers while listening to music

My friend sent me a Metallica song yesterday called Mercenaries. He asked me what I thought of it and after listening to it one time I told him that it didn't appeal to me much. Then he told me that he thought it was a masterpiece and that he got shivers when he listening to it trying to figure what every member of the band is doing to create this unisson. Now that really caught my attention because I knew exactly what he was talking about, sometimes you get shivers listening to a really good song but this time I think we can tell why: It's partly when you try to listen to every details of every second of a song and what it creates.

heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQWKUXtzTug (dont pay attention to the video it sucks)

But we all know that a song doesn't need to give you shivers to be good, in my case theres plenty of songs that just kinda move me like this for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOH6UHY_ELk (as for most electronic songs, you'll have to be patient to truly let it build up and appreciate it)

No comments: