Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Daedalus project

I've been playing MMORPGS for a bit more than 6 years now. at the same time i pretty much stopped playing FPS games and have been focusing on MMORPGS. The reason for that is that I find MMOs alot more relaxing and pleasant to play. it allowed me to socialize with tons of people from many different origins, live awesome group experiences and experience teamwork and competition at new levels.

While playing these MMORPGS, I ended up analyzing my own behaviors and other players, and how everybody interacts in these virtual worlds. I elaborated a bunch of theories and ideas about MMORPGS and their playerbase. and i could probably write 30 or so articles on the subjects as I already started doing with this blog but nothing could summarize my thoughts better than this psychological research that is the Daedalus project:

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/gateway_intro.html

if you click through the different parts of this site, youll be able to click on words that will lead you to detailed results and analysis about various aspects of the research

No comments: